Monday, March 5, 2012

Nightstand to Kitchenette
























I wish I had a before picture of this. The transformation is pretty incredible. I found this nightstand on craigslist for $12. A good sanding and a coat of pink paint gave it the little girl look I was going for. It wouldn't be a kitchen without gingham curtains. A simple dowel rod cut to fit and nailed in the sides to make it a child proof curtain. My husband cut a hole big enough for a small mixing bowl to fit for the sink, and we glued it with gorilla glue. I painted on the burners and oven look on the drawer. A modern drawer handle doubles as the 'oven' handle. Matching knobs for the burners, and the cheapest faucet I could find finished of the necessities. I added a chalkboard because children love to color. On the other side are some plastic "commands" hooks I spray painted silver to match everything else. This little kitchen was topped off with a small pots and pans set from Toys-R-Us. My niece loved her little kitchen Christmas morning! It was fun to make and even more fun to play with her!