Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another month comes and goes!

Weeks are flying by, and there is nothing we can do to slow them. It seems there is always something to look forward to, and sometimes it is hard to just sit back, relax, and live in the moment! We are getting super busy at the restuarant, and working constantly to maintain, sustain, and improve everything we've worked for. We've built a family here at the restaurant. We laugh, share our lives and stories with one another, and we bicker and argue with the best of them. In the end, we know we can do it without each other, and when it comes time for one of them to go and move on, we add another "little brother or sister." This past month we upgraded our patio with new furniture, and added a little flare to our staff with new bright colorful t-shirts! It's finally starting to feel like a bonifide restaurant around here!


Each week, Kayte gets bigger. Baby Ryn is growing and before you know it, she will be here! Last weekend we had the baby shower of the year for Kayte and Ryn. It was so cute and fun! We've allowed Kayte to put Ryn's piggy bank that Memaw got her on the bar, and that little girl already makes more money than me! As much as I don't want to, I am going to patiently wait for her to get here. I'm trying to enjoy every last second I have, before our world shifts....and i'm not even having the baby! But, at the same time, I can't wait to see that cute little girl!


As for me, I stay busy! Yesterday was the first time this year that I had nothing to do, and I was miserable. So, I took the good road and went to workout. My goal is to run a mile again under 9 minutes and that's good for me. Then I want to be able to run a mile outside which is totally different. I guess my ultimate goal is to loose weight though. I'm working on it!


Brent and I are still going strong. I love talking to him daily, and when I see him I couldn't be happier. We try to visit every other week, but its hard sometimes. Especially now, that finals are coming up for him. Hopefully he will be graduating in May and find a job down here. I'm ready to be with him forever. Strong words, I know, but when you're in love with someone it's hard to be apart. This year I have definetly learned patients!


I've also been trying to be more crafty this month, and what not a better way than to throw Kayte's baby shower. Here is a picture of the Diaper Cake me and Jennifer made for the shower.